Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Flowers and cake decorating - final lesson

I can't believe another month has passed and i've finished my 2nd cake decorating course. So, as usual, for our last lesson, we spend most of our time decorating our final cake.

We did learn how to pipe a basket weave, which was surprisingly hard on the brain! And it turned out, we were expected to pipe a basket on our final project and i was like uh oh.. The super student that i was, i had already decorated the sides of my cake with flowers ahead of time!! As i ran out of time, i just used up all the flowers i had done so far in the class.

This was the cake i prepared for the class

So, in the end i decided that i'll just pipe the basket weave onto the top of my cake which apparently has never been done before and the teacher thought it was very cool!!

My final product - my old lady cake as Alan calls it..

I am once again the only student who finished their final cake in class.

3 comments:

eileen said...

It looks so good!
I'm so jealous because I've always wanted to take one of those cake decorating classes at Michaels or Joanns.
You are my hero!

Siew Gin Mills said...

Go take it!! It's only once a week! Mommy's weekly night off! And it's so cheap too! Our local Hobby lobby is offering it for $20 per course! Each class is 5 bucks!!! Think of all the cake money you'll be saving down the road!! :)

eileen said...

Hmmm.. would definitely have to look into it then :)