Sunday, February 26, 2012

Key Lime Pie with Meringue

For our(hopefully) monthly couples' dinner, i was in charge of making dessert. So, i made something that i've been meaning to bake for a couple of weeks - Key Lime Pie!!

It was surprisingly easy pie to make, from the graham cracker crust to the filling and even the meringue(which i've never done before) was a piece of cake(or pie??).

I was feeling a little gleeful as the meringue turned into a golden mound in the oven. So, as usual, i goofed off!! Then next time i looked, my meringue was browner than i wanted! Arrrgghh....!!!

And then to make things worse, i stuck the pie in the fridge and my beautiful meringue deflated and wept! *sigh*....

My deflated meringue key lime pie

Anyways, the taste was actually pretty good. A little sweet and very tart! Maybe some adjustments next time. I need to do some research on meringue!!!

Jim, who is a big key lime pie fan, gave me a thumbs up despite the initial skeptism on the meringue.

No comments: