Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tyler finally reading on his own?

So, it's been 8-9 months since Tyler started Kumon. When he started, he didn't know his ABCs but since then he has progressed quite quickly thru his phonetics and started working out the word. However, he is usually reluctant to work it out himself and prefers that we read to him.

This week, Alan and I were surprised that he took initiative to read a book on his own. I mean, he always looks at books and makes up words. One day we heard him reading and when we looked over, he was sitting on the sofa reading a book we got from the library out loud! And when he doesn't know a word, he tries to work it out and failing that, he comes and asks us!

I can read..


















I know Alan was probably writing his own novel at 4 but i'm sure i didn't even know my ABCs!! So that makes me a proud Mommy!! More trips to the library then!

p.s. I also want to thank my friend Irene for inspiring me with her brilliant son!

No comments: