Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cake for Sushi Sachi

My favorite sushi restaurant in Niwot was celebrating their 7th year anniversary this weekend and i thought i'd bake the owner a cake. He is the humblest and nicest little man and makes amazingly yummy food.

So, here's a cake for Sushi Sachi. It was a green tea cake and was filled with Italian Meringue buttercream with honey. I ran out of buttercream, so it was frosted with whipped cream. The cake was pretty subtle in taste and was easily overpowered by the creamy buttercream. So, i'll have to remember to go easy with the filling next time.

My cake for Sushi Sachi

I also found out that i couldn't add colors to my whipped cream to write on it. So, i took to the store to get something written and the icing bag burst and the guy tried to patch it up before sheepishly bringing it to me. I'll have grab the picture from my friend and upload it.

I wasn't particularly happy with the way the cake turned out. The pink was too pink and the green too green. And i really should plan out the cake a little more.. hmm...

No comments: