Saturday, June 2, 2012

Florida Vacation - Day 5

It's our last full day in Florida so we thought it'd be best to spend it at the beach. Upon reaching the beach, we were surprised to find it at high tide and our beach was almost all gone. So, we had to walk a little ways to find a little bit more beach to sit on.

As i wasn't feeling all too well, Alan was kind enough to bring me a chair and an umbrella! Unfortunately, i don't think our umbrella was built for the wind gusts today. The kids as usual did their fill up the sand castle and jump into the water routine(OK, Tyler did.. Cody.. still hasn't made it into the water yet). I just relaxed on my little chair and watched and took pictures. :)

Anyways, after a while, Cody was whining quite a bit about his foot hurting and i agreed to take him back to the apartment. That child's ability to whine is quite amazing to the point of hilarious. He said "my foot hurts, my foot hurts, my foot hurts, my foot hurts, carry, carry, carry, i want my daddy, my daddy, my daddy..." continuously like a broken record the entire way home. It was not until i started cracking up and laughing that he finally stopped.(I did pick him up for a short time but that hurt too!!)

The kids doing a jump - still can't get both of them to jump at the same time

Our family shot, not too shabby i thought coming from a timed shot!

That's me relaxing on my chair!

The kids pre-whining

Cody whining and demanding to sit on MY chair

Tyler - the happiest child on the beach..

Did i mention there are shells on this beach?? 

The awesome shell Alan found and gave to me, unfortunately, the owner did NOT move out yet!! 

Here are the shells i've collected so far..

In the evening, after their naps, Alan and Tyler went swimming in the pool in the complex while Cody and i relaxed. Then we headed over to Captiva again. This time we went to Mucky Duck for dinner and to watch low tide and sunset. Lucky for us they sorta were happening at the same time. So, we had dinner while watching the start of sunset. And after we finished dinner, the kids were allowed to play on the beach while we watched sunset. It was a beautiful sunset and the crowd that gathered to watch it was quite big, so obviously our idea wasn't quite original! :)

Because it was our last day, we let the kids play till it was dark and we stayed to enjoy the breeze.

How many sand castles can you build before you get bored?? Me.. 1/2!! Tyler.. infinity...

Picture of us with the sunset

Tyler and I

Beautiful sunset to end the vacation.. 

No comments: